The Aircraft Painter and Preparation performs aircraft painting activities in accordance with Manufactures Manuals, Approved Data and the requirements set forth by the Company.
The Aircraft Painter is proficient in applying paint or coatings to interior and exterior of assembled aircraft. The ideal candidate shall have experience operating, maintaining, and cleaning electrostatic paint guns; be able to read and follow blueprint directions; understand aircraft components, understand the production process, and perform all tasks required for this position.
The Aircraft Painter shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following job tasks:
- Prepare aircraft surfaces for paint by cleaning, stripping, and abrading existing coatings and removing corrosion
- Prime and paint aircraft structures, parts, components, etc., using a variety of methods (brush, roller, gun, etc.)
- Paint Aircraft according to specifications and apply required markings, including stripes and multi-tone surfaces
- Inspect cosmetic appearance
- Interpret engineering drawings and technical manuals, while also understanding symbols, flags, and general notes
- Determine the proper corrective actions required to rectify discrepancies when required;
- Document maintenance actions in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
- Complete a variety of forms, tags and documents in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
- Estimate the time required to complete NRC’s and coordinate with the Project and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the labor requirements for all trades have been accounted for;
- Identify and raise Purchase Requests;
- Work in close coordination with the Project and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the work is performed within the scheduled timeframe;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to technicians. Coaching & training;
- Route to quarantine unserviceable, time expired or rejected parts and products pending disposition;
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.).
- Report any quality issues to the Production Manager and Quality Department;
- Perform any other duties within the company to support operational requirements.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Capacity to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
- Capable of solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work with a respirator
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft paint stripping process and paint preparation process
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 50 pounds and work any shift
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance
- Ability to perform work at heights up to 50 feet
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Working in small, restricted areas are also required.
- Expected to execute duties in all weather conditions and environments.
- Completion of high school;
- Completion of specialized training courses is desirable;
- Minimum of three (3) years actual and recent experience in the preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied component surfaces;
Interested applicants can send their application by April 8th, 2021 to:
**This represents an overview of the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.