The Aircraft Paint and Preparation Technician assists in the aircraft painting activities in accordance with Manufactures Manuals, Approved Data and the requirements set forth by the Company.
The Aircraft Paint Preparation Technician is proficient in creating complete paint prep work including, cleaning, chemical stripping and sanding on various forms of aircraft substrates.
The Aircraft Paint and Preparation Technician shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following job tasks:
- Wash and deoxidize aircraft
- Prepare aircraft for paint stripping
- Prepare aircraft structures, parts, components, etc. for painting including use of body filler products and sanding techniques
- Assists Aircraft Painter in all aspects of the aircraft painting process
- Assist with paint touch up and final product dealing and cleaning
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.).
- Report any quality issues to the supervisor or team lead
- Perform any other duties within the company to support operational requirements.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work with a respirator
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft paint stripping process and paint preparation process
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 50 pounds and work any shift
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance
- Ability to perform work at heights up to 50 feet
- Ability to learn and work as part of a team
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Working in small, restricted areas are also required.
- Expected to execute duties in all weather conditions and environments.
- High School Diploma
- Background in aircraft painting operations (preferred) and / or
- Background in automotive detailing and body shop operations (preferred)
Interested applicants can send their application by April 8th, 2021 to:
**This represents an overview of the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.