We are expanding – come grow with us!
The company recently broke ground on a 31,000 square-foot expansion of its existing 22,000 square-foot facilities and plans to add 80 jobs over the next 18 months. 80 plus jobs in the aviation industry have come to Sault Ste. Marie, with the expansion of Springer Aerospace in Echo Bay, ON.
You can be on your way to a rewarded career in aviation. If you have a great work ethic, the right attitude, are willing to learn, and able to handle a fast-changing environment and embrace change, the opportunities are endless! If this describes you, Springer Aerospace wants to hear from you.
Located just nine miles east of Sault Ste. Marie in Echo Bay, Springer Aerospace is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. With over 40 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, Springer Aerospace is capable of handling all aircraft up to and including large turboprop commuter aircraft. Their paint facility is one of the largest in Ontario and capable of handling aircraft up to the size of a CL-415, Dash 8 or ATR-72. From routine maintenance, to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace can meet your needs and schedule.
The Aircraft Mechanic performs aircraft maintenance and modification activities in accordance with Manufactures Manuals, Approved Data and the requirements set forth by the Company.
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks;
- Perform inspections, servicing, troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs, modifications, installations, functional testing, etc. of aircraft power plants, landing gears, flight controls, mechanical systems, and related systems;
- Document discrepancies and raise NRC’s in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
- Determine the proper corrective actions required to rectify discrepancies;
- Perform a wide variety of aircraft maintenance activities;
- Perform modification activities;
- Document maintenance actions in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
- Complete a variety of forms, tags and documents in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals as required;
- Estimate the time required to complete NRC’s and coordinate with the Project and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the labor requirements for all trades have been accounted for;
- Identify and raise Purchase Requests;
- Work in close coordination with the Project and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the work is performed within the scheduled timeframe;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to technicians. Coaching & training;
- Route to quarantine unserviceable, time expired or rejected parts pending disposition;
- Ensure that all replacement parts are inspected and properly certified prior to installation;
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.);
- Report any quality issues to the Production Manager and Quality Department;
- Perform any other duties within the Avianor group to support operational requirements.
General Administrative & Management
- Ensure the workplace is clean and safe at all times;
- Promote Safety Management System & raise SMS’s whenever required;
- Actively explore new ways to increase productivity while maintaining quality;
- Promote Continuous Improvement Activities & Incentives;
- Adhere to 5S Program;
- Adhere to company Policies and Procedures;
- Adhere to Employee Conduct Agreement;
- Adhere to Safety Policies.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering diploma (or equivalence);
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Aircraft Apprentice or Mechanic Preferred;
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
- Bilingual (French and English, written and spoken);
- Can read and interpret manuals and drawings;
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Committed to Continuous Improvement;
- Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under pressure;
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise;
- Ability to coach employees;
- Initiative, interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere;
- Available to work on a variety of shifts and overtime, if required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com