Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) – M2, E and S licensed, Project Leads and NDT Technicians
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting Expires: When suitable candidates are selected.
Our continuous growth creates a demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service the Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300 aircrafts. Along with, the CRJ100/200/700/900 aircrafts.
You can expect to work in a fast-paced work environment with rotating shifts including afternoons and weekends. You must have excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – M2, E and S licensed and Project Lead under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will plan and execute maintenance tasks and provide mentorship to apprentices.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
• Plan and execute various maintenance tasks in accordance with the manufacturer’s manuals and data
• Request parts and materials using the manufacturer’s manuals and data
• Complete maintenance releases for work performed and ensure clear and accurate documentation
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Participate in company SMS and reporting procedures on all hazards or incidents.
• Maintain clean work area and exercise FOD vigilance
• Mentor apprentices and trainees in best practices
• A Transport Canada AME License in the classification you are applying for.
• Preference will be given to individuals holding an endorsement course for the aircraft listed.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Good Understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions in Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass and AVOPs pass
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills is a requirement, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience.
• Must have a clean criminal background and able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
Typical benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Life Insurance
• Extended Health & Dental Care
• Health & Wellness Benefits
• Paid vacation (2 weeks or 4%; after 5 years, 3 weeks or 6%) in accordance with Federal Government Requirements
• The opportunity to bank overtime up to 1 week additional time off
• Employee/family assistance program
Working hours are mainly 7:00am to 5:30pm and 3:00pm to 1:30am when required, extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines.
JD Aero Aircraft Technician Videos:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter and resume with references via email to: email@example.com
We appreciate all interested applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Why JD Aero Technical:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our twelfth year of operation as the chosen heavy maintenance provider for several of North Americas Q400 operators. We are looking to add to our group of over 120 diversified and experienced employees.
We will for your commitment and dedication, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.