We are expanding – come grow with us!
The company recently broke ground on a 31,000 square-foot expansion of its existing 22,000 square-foot facilities and plans to add 80 jobs over the next 18 months. 80 plus jobs in the aviation industry have come to Sault Ste. Marie, with the expansion of Springer Aerospace in Echo Bay, ON.
You can be on your way to a rewarded career in aviation. If you have a great work ethic, the right attitude, are willing to learn, and able to handle a fast-changing environment and embrace change, the opportunities are endless! If this describes you, Springer Aerospace wants to hear from you.
Located just nine miles east of Sault Ste. Marie in Echo Bay, Springer Aerospace is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. With over 40 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, Springer Aerospace is capable of handling all aircraft up to and including large turboprop commuter aircraft. Their paint facility is one of the largest in Ontario and capable of handling aircraft up to the size of a CL-415, Dash 8 or ATR-72. From routine maintenance, to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace can meet your needs and schedule.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer performs aircraft maintenance / structures / avionics and inspection tasks and also ensures that the work carried out by other technicians is performed in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Company, Regulatory Authorities and the Customers General Maintenance Manuals.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Perform aircraft maintenance / structures / avionics activities;
- Inspection of air-frames, engines, operating equipment, components, parts, etc., in accordance with the work packages and task cards;
- Carry out scheduled inspection on aircraft as per applicable maintenance programs;
- Inspection (“buy back”) of air-frames, engines, operating equipment, components, parts, etc., in all stages of repairs to ensure that the repairs / work performed is in accordance with standards and specifications designated on approved documentation, drawings, manuals, etc.;
- Perform Maintenance Releases in accordance with Companies MPM and Customers requirements;
- Document discrepancies and raise NRC’s in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures and Customer’s Manuals;
- Determine the proper corrective actions required to rectify discrepancies;
- Estimate the time required to complete NRC’s and coordinate with the Production and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the labor requirements for all trades have been accounted for;
- Identify part requirements and raise Purchase Requests;
- Work in close coordination with the Production and Trade Supervisors to ensure that the work is performed within the scheduled time frame;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to the technicians. Coaching & training;
- Ensure personnel are following instructions and performing tasks in accordance with Company’s policies & procedures;
- Route to quarantine unserviceable, time expired or rejected parts pending disposition;
- Inform the Quality Assurance Manager of any deficiencies with the MPM or any improvements that may be required;
- Ensure that all replacement parts are inspected and properly certified prior to installation;
- Perform Receiving Inspection Authorities functions;
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company quality standards, policies & procedures and Regulatory Authority requirements (TC, FAA, etc.);
- Ensure that Aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the Companies Standards and operator’s requirements. Report employees that are not compliant to the Quality Assurance Manager;
General Administrative & Management
- Ensure the workplace is clean and safe at all times;
- Promote Safety Management System & raise SMS’s whenever required;
- Actively explore new ways to increase productivity while maintaining quality;
- Promote Continuous Improvement Activities & Incentives;
- Adhere to company Policies and Procedures;
- Adhere to Employee Conduct Agreement;
- Adhere to Safety Policies.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering diploma (or equivalence);
- Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (M / S / E);
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as AME;
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
- Aircraft type training courses on narrow and wide body aircraft will be considered an asset;
- Can read and interpret manuals and drawings;
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Committed to Continuous Improvement;
- Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under pressure;
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise;
- Ability to coach employees;
- Initiative, interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere;
- Available to work on a variety of shifts and overtime, if required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org