Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Forest Industry Division
Sault Ste Marie
08OAD – Office Administration 08
$24.77 – $28.80 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Do you have strong administrative and organizational skills and you enjoy working in a team environment? If so, then consider joining the Timber Allocation and Licencing Section with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide administrative and clerical support
• provide travel, meeting and conference arrangements
• perform various financial, purchasing and revenue tasks
• provide customer service and reception support
How do I qualify?
Administrative knowledge and skills:
• You have demonstrated knowledge of office administration practices, processes and systems, e.g. correspondence/document tracking systems; forecasting, purchasing, scheduling, procurement, and office
supplies and equipment. You have working knowledge of administrative procedures and practices to manage administrative activities for the section.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• You have knowledge of office equipment such as a printer/scanner, cellphone and standard computer/laptop configurations.
Coordination and planning skills:
• You have well developed planning and coordination skills to organize your own workload and ensure priorities are met.
• You are comfortable managing multiple priorities on short timelines.
• You are experienced in making arrangements for travel, meetings and conferences.
• You have knowledge of financial reporting including invoice maintenance, tracking payments and financial report reconciliation and the ability to prepare, monitor and control budgets
• You have experience with financial systems to assist with the section’s budget reconciliation and forecasting.
• You have good arithmetic skills to verify and reconcile expenditures and invoices.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have well developed communication skills to provide information in response to inquiries, questions and requests.
• You have developed interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with clients, staff and can ensure confidentiality of information is maintained.
• You are proficient in writing documents, preparing briefing notes and reports, ensuring accuracy of information, spelling and grammar.
Analytical and problem solving skills:
• You can determine urgency of inquiries, meetings and determine proper processing of issues and ability to handle problems as they arise
• You can independently identify and resolve discrepancies relating to invoices and expense claims.
• You can make decisions concerning the release of information requested and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information.
• You are proficient with various computer software including videoconferencing, Microsoft Outlook, processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications.
• You have experience working with financial reporting and correspondence tracking systems to input, track data and prepare reports.
- 1 Permanent, 70 Foster Dr, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Thursday, November 24, 2022
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 191548 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment services team will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, December 8, 2022 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario’s Human Rights Code.