The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
The Administration Clerks role is to schedule and coordinate appointments to meet the needs of the patients and providers. Directs calls to proper destinations. Updates and maintains demographics and health card numbers; and works in a team environment with set guidelines and processes.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Office Administration program with a minimum 2 years’ experience in an office setting
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls professionally and efficiently; Courtesy, patience and tact in dealing with people
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to meet and deal with people in a pleasant, responsible and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult situations and problem solve solutions to meet patient and provider expectations
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service evidenced by well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with scheduling and book maintenance of provider schedules
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience making payment transactions and using a paging system
- Excellent word processing, typing and proof reading skills
- A solid track record of maintaining privacy of patient information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Completion of a Medical Terminology course an asset
- Previous experience working in a call center would be an asset
Salary as per the CUPE Collective Agreement – $21.02-$21.86
Monday to Friday – Business Hours, Weekends & Holidays Off
March 17, 2020
Please apply to email@example.com or online via the Intranet’s “Apply Now” link (internal staff only)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a combined cover letter and resume document (preferably in PDF format) indicating their qualifications for the position by March 17, 2020. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5589. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.