At Tenaris, you will join a global network of professionals working together toward a common goal: shape the future of energy through advanced tubular products and services.
If you want to become part of a diverse team that values results, analytical approach to problem solving and teamwork, Tenaris is the place for you.
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
DEPARTMENT: Administration and Finance
We are looking for a candidate who wants a challenge and is looking to grow and learn in their field. As an analytical person, you possess a strong attention to detail and are thorough and organized. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role and you must be able to effectively prioritize in order to meet all deadlines. It is important that you are proficient in Microsoft Office and ideally have knowledge of SAP.
Role and Responsibilities
Ensures that accounting records duly reflect corporate operations. Makes accounting entries for consolidation purposes, records and classifies income, expense and investment transactions, analyzes P&L and asset accounts, reconciles bank accounts, verifies appropriate allocation of expenses and all related activities as required.
Ensures accounting information is provided for global consolidation to support Tenaris legal entities.
Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
The position of Accounting Analyst is responsible to control, reconcile, create, and report the financial activities of our company. In addition, other responsibilities include to:
- Record Journal Entries and report both managerially and legally for the Company, including the preparation of Managerial and Standard Forms reporting;
- Ensure all assigned monthly balance sheets are reconciled with supporting documentation and within deadlines.
- Analyze, prepare and explain the Company’s financial statements.
- Calculate and file Discounts and Rebates with Customers;
- Control and maintain the Company’s group fixed assets including posting of depreciation/amortization;
- Control the Company’s Group financial exchange revaluation;
- Invoicing and Gross Margin review and control;
- Maintenance of SOX controls
- Control banking and foreign collection account maintenance.
- Cooperates in the development of new opportunities identifying areas for improvement
Experience / Education
- 2-5 years accounting related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are currently pursuing their CPA, or have recently obtained an accounting designation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP is required
- Previous experience in JD Edwards, Oracle and MS Access would be an asset.
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritize work
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.